August 23, 2012
DEPA Leader Applauds Romney’s Commitment To North American Energy Independence
August 23, 2012
Continental Resources Inc. CEO Harold Hamm today praised Mitt Romney as the presumptive GOP presidential nominee announced his campaign’s energy plan for America.
“It’s the most comprehensive and bold energy plan ever,” Hamm, who is chairman and co-founder of the Domestic Energy Producers Alliance (DEPA), said. “Such a dynamic plan -- embracing oil, natural gas and other forms of domestic energy production -- will be good for the energy industry, but, more importantly, a huge boost for the overall economy of the country.
“A Romney victory will translate into our nation’s best opportunity for energy independence in more than half a century,” Hamm added.
Read the Romney campaign’s release on the Romney Energy plan below:
Mitt Romney Sets Goal of North American Energy Independence by 2020
Today, Mitt Romney revealed a crucial component of his Plan for a Stronger Middle Class: a comprehensive energy strategy to achieve North American energy independence by 2020 and establish America as an energy superpower in the 21st century.
From analysts at Citigroup and Raymond James, to experts at think tanks like the Manhattan Institute, to scholars at the Harvard Kennedy School, there is a growing consensus that energy independence can become a reality. The widespread benefits of embracing the development of America’s natural resources will be felt across the nation and spur the economic recovery that Americans are still waiting for.
The Romney Agenda:
• Federal Lands: Empower States To Control Onshore Energy Development
• Offshore Areas: Open Offshore Areas For Energy Development
• North America: Pursue a North American Energy Partnership
• Resource Evaluation: Ensure Accurate Assessment Of Energy Resources
• Regulatory Reform: Restore Transparency And Fairness To Permitting And Regulation
• Innovation: Facilitate Private-Sector-Led Development Of New Energy Technologies